Design and Marketing Consultant
November 2017 - March 2018
Consumer Electronics Show booth with minimal budget
Influencer campaign and social calendar
Edit pitch and blog content for an English as a second language team
Set-up booth, pitch, network, and demo a wearable tech product
Worked directly with CEO, Investors, and Media, Advised Marketing Lead
Key Skills: 3D Rendering: KeyShot, 3D Modeling: Solidworks, 3D Printing: Ultimaker 2, Cura Slicer, Industrial, Graphic, UX Design, Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Social Media Engagement: LinkedIn, Twitter, Hootsuite, Marketing: Analytics/Targeted Content, Blog and MailChimp Campaign Copy Writing, Pitch Editing and Formatting, Google Apps: Slides, Docs, Sheets, Large Format Printing/Display Build, Project Proposal and Budget, Sales: Pitch and Follow-up
STAKEHOLDERS & COMMUNICATIONS
2 WEEKS DESIGN, 2 WEEKS BUILD, EXHAUSTED BUDGET
STANDARD BOOTH PACKAGE
ASKs: TRANSITION BRAND FROM DARK TO COOL PALETTE, NEW TAGLINE
(No time to capture new media)
Research: ENGAGEMENT TARGETS
TOP 10 INFLUENCER TARGETS
1) Web Search: "Top (Wearables/Fashion) Tech Influencers (LinkedIn/Twitter)" Advanced Settings - "Past Year"
2) Cross Check of Top Lists with Product Category: “Fashion/Productivity Wearable” (10/33 isolated targets)
QUICK SKETCHING AFTER FIRST MEETING
Follow-up: Visualized Notes for Confirmation of Ideas Discussed
DESIGN BASICS EXERCISE
Minimum Requirements: Estimates, Visualize Booth, Graphics Style
BOOTH CONCEPT PRESENTATION FOR INVESTORS
Trade Show Booth
Booth Prep: Designed to Fit into a Suitcase
ARRIVAL IN LAS VEGAS
Coordination: Large Format Printing Printed & Installed by CES Contractor
1) Warm Welcome
Hello, how are you doing today? (Let them answer, respond)
My name is Sarah. (Shake hand, let them answer, remember their name to use during pitch and close.)
What brought you to CES? (Incorporate answer into pitch to catch attention)
3) Elevator Pitch for Booth Presentations
Senstone is a portable voice assistant that captures your thoughts. (Demo Product) Just tap, speak, tap again, and the minimal device records calendar events, tasks, reminders, and sends them via Bluetooth to your handheld device. From there, the Senstone productivity app uses AI to translate voice to text and identify key phrases and event cues. Our team is integrating Senstone with other productivity apps including Evernote and Apple Calendar.
Management Professionals, Healthcare Providers, and Creative types are able to record their thoughts anywhere. Our team estimates that a doctor is able to save 25min per appointment, simply because they can dictate patient notes during the consult - their team is then able to take action immediately.
Often, it is impolite and unsafe to interact with devices - or we just have our hands full. We can now stay productive on-the-go!
Senstone had a very successful Kickstarter campaign and is beginning to send units to backers now. Our team has completed engineering, quality, and beta testing so we are confident in both the software and hardware. Senstone will be launching in Spring 2018 at a retail price of $129, including software, with the option to upgrade to premium services. We are thrilled to celebrate this milestone - let's discuss further - what industry are you in?
Pitching at the Booth: Media, Investors, Buyers, Manufacturers, R&D Partners
MailChimp BOOTH VISIT Invitation
Click Image: View Full MailChimp Invitation
Social Network Management
Follower Growth: 15% organic growth in 1 month
Traction Posts: Establish Media Backing
Reminder Posts: Significant Information
Conference Updates: Hello, Events, and Achievements
Speaker Influencer Engagement
1) Write quote down during presentation
2) Introduce self and product after
3) Comment on speech and ask for contact info
4) Confirmed quotes via email before posting
5) Tag upon posting to encourage shares
6) Periodic updates to keep engaged
Target: Motivational quotes that relate to customer goals & aspirations
Task: review content for an English as a second language team
Offer: quick visual revision for more professional & eye catching presentation
Google Slides Editable Formatting: Senstone CMO, Dara Burko, Presenting Senstone at Tech Chill Conference February, 2018
1) Vegas has terrible traffic during conventions: 3% over budget due to transpiration costs. Realized that I enjoy and have become very accurate at project planning estimates.
2) Relationship timeline: Takes about 3mo (1 meeting/mo) for people to remember your name and fully understand your idea, then 3mo (1 meeting/mo) of back and forth discussion before investment. It’s never too early to start using a CRM tool.
3) Iterate on process AND product: This means taking time for organization and planning each week (tasks), month (goals), year (vision). You will not have the budget for a secretary but desperately need one. Start making templates or automating all business activities now to execute in mass. Speak to people about what you are doing and RECORD the conversations for quotes, ask similar questions for quantitative answers.
4) You are launching a business, not a product, technical people tend to get caught up on the scope. Make sure that the vision and values (system priorities) are established at the early storytelling phase - these are things that may be slightly adjusted with “pivots” over time but will remain grounding concepts that provide direction to all decision making. Everyone should agree to and understand these, otherwise there will be issues and time will be wasted.
5) Pitch Deck - Optimize with a Master Slides document: Categorize so you can copy and paste slides for custom decks. Every investor wants something different. 5, 10, and 15min decks needed. Share folders over a separate service like DocuSign and password protect everything. “Confidential” must be written with your business/contact info at the footer of every page. Most investment happens between January-April (forget about it if not signed by May) and September-October (sign by November).